Tuesday 4 November 2008

“I’M BEING CARRIED DOWNSTREAM ON WAVES OF DELIGHT....”



A FANTASTIC MIX FROM NOLAN MICRON OF MY FAVOURITE BLOG ‘CASTLES IN SPACE’ – A LINK TO WHICH CAN BE FOUND ON THE RIGHT OF THIS PAGE. (PLEASE PAY HIM A VISIT, DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND JUST DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING.)

SPORES IN A VACUUM

“When I was no more than a spotty teenager, I bought a cassette through the classifieds in the NME. A Bowie bootleg called "Bump and Grind Edited Plus". Typed TDK C60 cover and featuring some amazing Bowie tunes, which were at the the time really, genuinely hard to find.
As much as the music though, I also loved the between song clips of stoned hippies being interviewed, advertising jingles and radio speech which I just thought were unbelievably cool. You can see where this is going, can't you. (Rhetorical. No question mark.)It's about the music, mainly, but what we have to say is also so important to me. Its a slow build. The sound of the television talking to no one. The sound of one person alone at the end of the night. Come on Thunder. We are just spores in a vacuum. Hello. Need a hand?”

St. Etienne - You're In A Bad Way
The Loft - Model Village
The Teardrop Explodes - You Disappear From View (BBC Session)
Aimee Mann - Wise Up
JJ72 - Snow
It's Immaterial - Ed's Funky Diner (The Keinholz Caper)
Kings Of Convenience - I Don't Know What I Can Save You From (Royksopp Remix)
Duels - The Slow Build
James - Sometimes
Orbital - Belfast/Wasted
Beyond The Wizards Sleeve - Get Ready To Fly
Mordant Music - Fallen Faces


YOU KNOW WHERE TO GET IT IF YOU WANT IT.

6 comments:

Herbal T said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/160143474/Spores_In_A_Vacuum.rar
courtesy of http://castlesinspace.blogspot.com/

Nolan Micron said...

You are way too kind, Herbal T. I don't deserve it, but thanks for spreading the word, Man. I really appreciate it. And what the Hell is that amazing painting?

The Lion Man said...

http://recordvacuum.blogspot.com/


check out ebn.

over & out.

the lion man

Herbal T said...

You do deserve it for all the great music you have passed my way - especially the J*lian Co*e stuff.

The painting is 'two men contemplating the moon' by Caspar David Friedrich.

Herbal T said...

Thank you for the link Lion Man - I will give it a good read when I get out of work.

The Lion Man said...

not much to read on there.....just check out the ebn....spread the word



all the best