Wednesday 31 December 2008

"LIFE IS JUST A PRECIOUS MINUTE, BABY..."




A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL. HERE IS A SPECIAL TREAT THAT WILL AVOID THE DILEMNA OF WHAT TO PLAY AT YOUR NEW YEAR PARTY - BIG BEATS, POUNDING BASSLINES AND SOARING VOCALS TO KEEP THEM SPINNING AND TWISTING 'TIL DAWN.; A FOUR DISC COMPILATION 'AN INTRODUCTION TO NORTHERN SOUL'.



disc 1


1. Heaven Must Have Sent You Album Version - Elgins
2. Just Walk In My Shoes Single Version - Gladys Knight & The Pips
3. Little Darling (I Need You) - Marvin Gaye
4. I Want To Go Back There Again - Chris Clark
5. I'll Always Love You - Spinners (The)
6. I'll Turn To Stone - Four Tops (The)
7. There's No Stopping Us Now - Supremes (The)
8. These Things Will Keep Me Loving You - Velvelettes
9. Helpless - Kim Weston
10. Just A Little Misunderstanding - Contours
11. Night - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
12. I Ain't Going Nowhere - Junior Walker & The All Stars
13. 6 X 6 - Earl Van Dyke & The Motown Brass
14. Whole Lot Of Shakin' In My Heart (Since I Met You) - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
15. There's A Ghost In My House - R. Dean Taylor
16. Tell Me It's Just A Rumour Baby - Isley Brothers (The)
17. Nowhere To Run - Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
18. Festival Time - San Remo Strings
19. Real Humdinger - Various Artists
20. Uptight (Everything's Alright) - Stevie Wonder
21. He Was Really Sayin' Something - Velvelettes
22. I'll Keep Holding On - Marvelettes (The)
23. What More Could A Boy Ask For - Spinners (The)
24. When I'm Gone - Brenda Holloway
25. California Soul - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell


disc 2


1. Ain't No Place Like Motown - Velvelettes
2. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin - Gladys Knight & The Pips
3. Thank You - Frankie Valli
4. Tears At The End Of A Love Affair - Tammi Terrell
5. Baby Hit And Run - Contours
6. Have A Little Faith - Four Tops (The)
7. Just Like Romeo And Juliet - Reflections
8. Day Will Come Between Sunday And Monday - Kiki Dee
9. You Can Come Right Back To Me - David Ruffin
10. I'm Learning To Trust My Man - Sisters Love
11. Baby (Don't You Leave Me) - Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
12. My Love Is Your Love (Forever) - Isley Brothers (The)
13. Think It Over (Before You Break My Heart) - Brenda Holloway
14. Suspicion - Originals & The Supremes
15. This Love Starved Heart Of Mine (It's Killing Me) - Marvin Gaye
16. Gotta Find A Way To Get You Back - Tammi Terrell
17. I See A Rainbow - Edwin Starr & Blinky
18. Why When Love Is Gone - Isley Brothers (The)
19. One Way Out - Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
20. Do I Love You (Indeed I Do) - Frank Wilson
21. Why Am I Lovin' You - Debbie Dean
22. I Have Faith In You - Edwin Starr
23. All I Do Is Think About You - Brenda Holloway
24. If My Heart Could Tell The Story - Edwin Starr
25. No One There - Martha Reeves


disc 3


1. Hey Girl Don't Bother Me - Tams (The)
2. That's Not Love - Holly St. James
3. Soul Self Satisfaction Demo - Earl Jackson
4. I Got A Feeling - Barbara Randolph
5. Take My Hand - Dalton Boys
6. He Who Picks A Rose - Jimmy Ruffin
7. Love Love Love - Bobby Hebb
8. I Got The Fever - Prophets
9. Happy - William Bell
10. Friday Night - Johnny Taylor
11. Keep Stepping (Never Look Back) - Carolyn Crawford
12. Life Beats - Supremes
13. Tainted Love - Gloria Jones
14. Pick Me Up Put Me In Your Pocket - Jeanette Harper
15. At The Discotheque - Chubby Checker
16. Girl Don't Make Me Wait - Bunny Sigler
17. Wear It On Our Face (aka Wear It On Your Face) - Dells & Charles Stepney
18. Sweet Was The Love - Four Tops (The)
19. I've Gotta Get Away - Tommy Good
20. Walk Away From Love - David Ruffin
21. Real Love - Drizabone
22. Breakaway - Frank Popp Ensemble (The)
23. It's Better To Have (And Don't Need) - Don Covay
24. Just Want To Spend My Life With You - Pete Warner
25. You're My Everything - Temptations & James Jamerson


disc 4


1. You Didn't Say A Word - Yvonne Baker
2. Night Owl - Bobby Paris
3. Country Girl - Vickie Baines
4. You Just Don't Know (What You Did To Me) - Chubby Checker
5. Angel Baby - 1/2"
6. Picture Me Gone - Evie Sands
7. Ordinary Joe - Terry Callier
8. In Orbit - Joy Lovejoy
9. I'm Gonna Love You A Long Time - Patti & The Emblems
10. Breakaway - Lewis Sisters
11. I Wanna Know - Paul, John E.
12. Gotta Have Your Love - Sapphires (The)
13. Every Time I See You I Go Wild - J.J. Barnes
14. Key To My Happiness - Charades
15. I Can't Make It Anymore - Spyder Turner
16. S.O.S (Stop Her On Sight) - Edwin Starr
17. You Can Count On Me - Sammy Davis Jr.
18. Seven Days Too Long - Chuck Wood
19. Dance Dance Dance - Casualeers
20. Green Door - Wynder K. Frog
21. I Feel So Bad - Jackie Edwards
22. Ain't No Mountain High Enough (instrumental) - Funk Brothers
23. Long After Tonight Is All Over - Jimmy Radcliffe
24. Time Will Pass You By - Tobi Legend
25. I'm On My Way - Dean Parrish

LINK IN COMMENTS

5 comments:

Herbal T said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/167441514/va_-_a_complete_introduction_to_northern_soul_2008_4_cd__sharedmp3.net_.part1.rar.html

http://rs490.rapidshare.com/files/167441234/va_-_a_complete_introduction_to_northern_soul_2008_4_cd__sharedmp3.net_.part2.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/167441695/va_-_a_complete_introduction_to_northern_soul_2008_4_cd__sharedmp3.net_.part3.rar.html

Password: sharedmp3.net

Anonymous said...

Dude, none of the 3 files will unzip. Some kind of format/structure-damage error occurs when expanding the files. Can you fix please. Thanks alot.

Herbal T said...

Hi Bobby,

I just checked and it worked fine for me. I used winzip, picked cd1 and entered the password to open the files and all was good. (if you open cd1 it will open the other two files)

Lemme know if you have any probs.

Herbal T

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I'm on a Mac and both programmes I tried failed to unzip. I will try again on a Windows PC using winzip. Cheers.

Unknown said...

Thanks the best selection of Northern Soul I have heard.