Friday 26 June 2009

"All I want is to just have fun, live my life like it's just begun..."


Fuck Michael Jackson - popular music lost a real legend yesterday with the passing of Sky "Sunlight" Saxon of The Seeds. One of the most righteous performers ever and who (as far as I can tell) never did anything 'odd' with children.

This week's compilation is Volume One of the seminal Nuggets series, (just in case anyone does not have it). If you want more all are posted on the fantastic
The Devil's Discotheque and each one is a must.

Nuggets: Original Artyfacts from the First Psychedelic Era


1. I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night - The Electric Prunes
2. Dirty Water - The Standells
3. Night Time - The Strangeloves
4. Lies - The Knickerbockers
5. Respect - The Vagrants
6. A Public Execution - Mouse & The Traps
7. No Time Like The Right Time - The Blues Project
8. Oh Yeah - The Shadows Of Knight
9. Pushin' Too Hard - The Seeds
10. Moulty - The Barbarians
11. Don't Look Back - The Remains
12. An Invitation To Cry - The Magicians
13. Liar, Liar - The Castaways
14. You're Gonna Miss Me - The 13th Floor Elevators
15. Psychotic Reaction - The Count Five
16. Hey Joe - The Leaves
17. Romeo & Juliet - Michael & The Messengers
18. Sugar And Spice - The Cryan Shames
19. Baby Please Don't Go - The Amboy Dukes
20. Tobacco Road - The Blues Magoos
21. Let's Talk About Girls - The Chocolate Watchband
22. Sit Down, I Think I Love You - The Mojo Men
23. Run, Run, Run - The Third Rail
24. My World Fell Down - Sagittarius
25. Open My Eyes - The Nazz
26. Farmer John - The Premiers
27. It's-A-Happening - The Magic Mushrooms

Part One
Part Two
(Dig the floaty Jesus picture.)

2 comments:

Herbal T said...

Hello dear readers, welcome aboard both. To the latter poster I really do appreciate your comments and have not got it in my heart to disagree with your well thought out points. You really have made my morning and I can not wait to pass your quote around.

Love you all,

HT

vita lite said...

Herbel T

Top post and spot on with the comments.

Take it easy