Wednesday 12 October 2011

"I like your style - too bad you're not a singer..."



"From you, Beethoven, Bach, Mozart,
the substance of my dreams took fire.
You built cathedrals in my heart,
and lit my pinnacled desire.
You were the ardour and the bright
procession of my thoughts toward prayer.
You were the wrath of storm, the light
on distant citadels aflare.
...
For God's sake stop that gramophone."

For RS - a fine cellist and a good friend.

FENNESZ – BEFORE I LEAVE
GRANDADDY – THE CRYSTAL LAKE
SILVER APPLES – I DON’T KNOW
BEST COAST – CRAZY FOR YOU
DIRTY BEACHES – HORSES
BAUHAUS – PARTY OF THE FIRST PART
THE REAL TUESDAY WELD – (I ALWAYS KILL) THE THINGS I LOVE
CLOR – HEARTS ON FIRE
THE WAR ON DRUGS – BABY MISSILES
PIGMEAT MARKHAM – HERE COMES THE JUDGE
THE SHAGGS – MY PAL FOOT-FOOT
JULIAN COPE – IN DEDICATION; FROM THE HUNTER
I BREAK HORSES – EMPTY BOTTLES
BLACK DEVIL DISCO CLUB – MAGNETIC DEVIL
GANGLIANS – FASTER
AND THE NATIVE HIPSTERS – LARRY’S COMING BACK
JEFF BEAL - BEN SEARCHES THE TEMPLAR HALL
GROSS MAGIC – DREAM GURL
FLORALINE – MORNINGSIDE
THE JESUS AND MARY CHAIN – MO TUCKER
808 STATE – TIMEBOMB (808 TAPE MIX)
SCROOBIUS PIP – DOMESTIC SILENCE


Creepy Weirdos

No comments: